- Airtime Checking
- Billing & Payment
- Customer Service
- SMS/Voicemail/Call Forward
- Download/ MMS/ Data Service
- Prepaid SIM Card
- Privacy Issues
Q1 How is local airtime calculated?
- The airtime is charged starting from the moment the recipient answers customer's call until the call is hung up. There will be no airtime charge incurred if the call is not answered, or if customer picked up the busy tone. (But the call will be charged if it is answered by voice mailbox or other call handling system.)
- Call duration is rounded up to next charge unit, and each full charge unit is based on per minute airtime charge.
Q2 What is "Inter-network (Basic)" and "Intra-network" airtime, and how are the Inter- and Intra- minutes deducted from the free minutes entitled to me?
- "Basic (Inter-network)" airtime is applicable to any incoming calls from and outgoing calls to all numbers other than CMHK postpaid mobile numbers. (calls to and from PEOPLES Stored Value SIM Card numbers will be charged by Inter-network minutes.)
- "Intra-network" airtime is applicable to incoming calls from and outgoing calls to any CMHK mobile numbers, plus calls to Customer Care Hotline 888 or 2945-8888, 218 for voice & fax mails retrieval, and #888 Service (content fee for #888 Service will be charged separately).
- Basic & Intra-network airtime is calculated separately and is non-transferable.
Q3 What is "Basic" and "Mobile" airtime, and how are the Basic and Mobile minutes deducted from the free minutes entitled to me?
- "Basic" airtime is applicable to any incoming calls from and outgoing calls to all numbers except 8-digit mobile numbers starting with "51", "53", "54", "56", "59", "6" or "9", including calls to Customer Care Hotline 888 or 2945-8888, 198 Financial Link, #888 and 218 for voice and fax mails retrieval.
- "Mobile" airtime is applicable to any incoming calls from and outgoing calls to 8-digit mobile numbers starting with "51", "53", "54", "56", "59", "6" or "9".
- Both incoming and outgoing call airtime is counted in regard to the originated calling number only.
- Remaining free "Basic" airtime can be used to deduct extra "Mobile" airtime. However, remaining free "Mobile" airtime cannot be used to deduct extra "Basic" airtime.
Q4 How can I check my mobile usage and account balance?
Customer may check this information by:
- Visiting CMHK website, choose “Bill Enquiry” in “Customer Services”, enter CMHK mobile number & password for login. Then customer can check account overview and usage information
- Dialing *122# on mobile to obtain the details usage information by short message for free.
- Dialing *122*01# on mobile to obtain the Single-day data roaming usage and the accumulated charges by short message for free.
- Dialing *120# on mobile to check the latest bill via MMS. This service is free in Hong Kong and GPRS roaming charge is applied outside Hong Kong.
- Dialing 24-hour Customer Care Hotline 2945-8888, follow the voice instruction login to main menu, then press 1 three times, key in password and then press 1.
For details please refer to Bill Enquiry Methods
Q1 Why is the monthly fee charged on my 1st invoice different from the amount specified on my service plan?
If the period between date of subscription and the first bill issue date is less than a calendar month, the charge will be calculated on a pro-rata basis.
- Subscription of 4G289Pro service plan on 3rd Jan, and the cut-off date is 31st Jan.
- 2-days' worth of service fee will be credited back to the 1st invoice as follows:
- $289 x 2 / 31 days (actual no. of day in that month, eg. Feb - 28 days, Sep - 30 days) = $18.65
- Therefore the monthly fee on the 1st bill will show : $289 - $18.65 = $270.35
-However, please note that as all service fees are charged in advance on a monthly basis from 2nd month of subscription onwards, if customer suspends / terminates service before bill cut-off date, all paid monthly service charges will not be refunded. Other chargeable usages such as IDD, roaming will be billed on next monthly invoice.
Q2 When will my bill be cut off?
- The bill cut off date and bill issue date are printed on the upper top right hand corner of the invoice. The bill is cut off at around 23:59 on the date before the bill issue date.
- Customer can also check the bill cut off date by dialing 2945-8888, follow the voice instruction login to main menu, then press 1 twice, key in password and then press 1
Q3 Can I check my call records?
Yes, customer can view the unbilled and recent 3 months billed Call Details Report for free via our CMHK Web / "MyLink" App:
- CMHK Web：Log in and select "Online Service" > "Manage Account" > "Call Details Record" > "Local Call / Other" , then customer can view the call details record.
- MyLink：Log in and select “My Account” > select “Call Details Record” , then customer can view the call details record.
Customer can also apply for Call Details Report. For details about application and charges, please click here
Q1 How can I settle my bill?
- Payments can be made by registering for credit card direct debit service, or viaCMHK Web, MyLink (Click here to download), PPS (CMHK merchant code: 82), Jet Payment Service, the online payment services provided by HSBC and Hang Seng Bank, or at our outlets*, Customer Centre, or 7-Eleven (Show *QR Code).
1. All CMHK shops will provide Octopus payment service
(Attention: Shop P43 Telford Plaza Shop & No.37, 1/F, Tuen Mun Town Plaza Phase II Branch will not provide Octopus payment service).
2. Customer can get QR Code through bill, CMHK Web / MyLink
For details please refer to Payment Methods
Q2 How do I apply for autopay and how long does the processing take?
- For credit card autopay, customer can visit our outlets to apply and the application processing takes only one day.
- For bank account autopay, please fill in the Direct Debit Authorization Form and return it directly to bank. It normally takes about 4 to 6 weeks to proceed. The authorization form can be obtained from our outlets and can be downloaded here.
Q3 How can I check the payment number and the payment merchant code?
The payment merchant code of China Mobile Hong Kong in PPS is 82. Bill Type is 01. Customer can check payment number via the following methods:
- Customer can check the payment number and merchant code by visiting "Online Service" > "Manage Account" > "My Account" > "Account Overview" after logging in CMHK Website.
- Customer can check payment number by visiting "My Account" after logging in MyLink.
- Dialing #122 on mobile to listen to the required information via handset. Intra-network minutes will be deducted for the call (Basic minutes will be deducted for BM Plan).
- Dialing 24-hour Customer Care Hotline 2945-8888, follow the voice instruction login to main menu, then press 1 twice, key in password and then press 3.
With the payment number, customer can settle the bill via PPS, Jet payment and HSBC/Hang Seng Bank online payment services.
For details please refer to Bill Enquiry Methods
Q4 Can I get refund for unused tariff when I terminate the mobile service?
- Since all service fees are charged in advance on a monthly basis, unused tariff is non-refundable and will be forfeited after termination of service.
Q5 Is there any guide for new customers on how to read the invoice?
- Yes, a "Bill Reading Guide" will be provided to all new China Mobile Hong Kong customers along with the first invoice. To download the "Bill Reading Guide", please click here.
Q1 How do I make IDD calls on my mobile phone?
- If customer has registered for IDD001 service either by paying $1,000 deposit or applying credit card recurring autopay, he/she can make IDD calls.
IDD 001 Dialing Method:
001 + (Country code) + (Area code (if available)) + (Telephone Number)
Customer can also use IDD1597 Service for making IDD call at special rates from Hong Kong to 23 districts includes Mainland China, Taiwan, Macau, Thailand, Malaysia etc.
IDD 1597 Dialing Method:
1597 + (Country / Destination Code) + (Area Code) + (Telephone Number)
For details please refer to IDD Service.
Q2 Will the IDD call be charged if the recipient is unreachable?
- No IDD charges will be applied if the call is not answered.
- However, please note that the call will be charged if it is answered by voice mailbox or other call handling system.
Q3 What are the charges for making IDD calls via mobile phone from Hong Kong to other countries?
- The IDD tariff is calculated on 1-minute incremental basis for IDD001 and IDD1597. China Mobile Hong Kong local basic airtime charge/ basic airtime, calculated on a per-minute basis, will also apply/deduct.
For details please refer to IDD Service.
Q1 How can I apply for change of service plan, and when will the new plan be effective ? / Can I change plan with immediate effect?
- Customer can apply for change of service plan by calling our Customer Care Hotline 2945-8888 to contact our Customer Care Specialist. The new service plan will be effective starting from the issue date of the coming invoice.
- Please note that customer must make request 2 business days before the issue date of the coming invoice, otherwise, the new service plan will be effective starting from the next following invoice.
For details please refer to Change of Service Plan & Value-Added Service
Q2 What can I do if I've forgotten my password?
If customer has forgotten password, he/she can retrieve password by the following methods:
- Dialing 24-hour Customer Care Hotline 2945-8888, follow the voice instruction login to main menu, then press 1 > 1 > *.
- Go to CMHK’s CMHK website enter CMHK mobile number and click “Next”, then click “Forget Password”
- Service plan customer can reset password by pressing *102*XXXXXX# and “send”(XXXXXX is the first 6 numeric digits of personal identification document number. For example: HKID A123456(Z), customers should press *102*123456# on the mobile handset). A randomly-generated password will be sent to customer’s mobile handset after successful identity verification
Customer can change the password by the following methods, the new password will be effective immediately:
- Dialing 24-hour Customer Care Hotline 2945-8888, follow the voice instruction login to main menu, then press 1 , 4.
- Go to CMHK Website
Q3 What is the function of the password?
- Customer can use the password to verify for personal account information access and service application via CMHK service channels, eg. CMHK Web and "MyLink" App.
Q4 How can I find the handset prices?
- Current-selling Handset price at CMHK can be found via <My Online Shop> at CMHK website or <Handsets and Devices> at CMHK Website.
Q5 How can I find the handset descriptions of different model?
- For the operation menu of various Handset, please visit the official websites of Handset Manufacturer. For details, please click here.
Q1 What should I do if I lose my mobile phone?
- If customer has lost the mobile phone, customer should call our Customer Care Hotline 2945-8888 (follow the voice instruction login to main menu, then press 6) to suspend mobile service.
- To reconnect the service, customer will need to replace the SIM card at any of our outlets. From 1 May 2019, SIM card replacement will be charged at $40 per SIM card. (Original price $100 for each replacement). If customers fulfill designated criteria, the charges can be waived.
For details please refer to Report Loss & Service Reconnection
Q1 Where can I repair my handset?
- Customer may bring the handset along with the "Product Purchase Agreement" or "Service Agreement" directly to the respective handset's suppliers' specialized repair centres for repairing. For details of the repair centre address, please refer to Handset Supplier Repair Centres.
Q1 How can I use mobile service during traveling overseas?
- Customer should turn on the roaming function of the account for using roaming service. By switching on mobile phone in a country/destination that is within the coverage of our roaming service, mobile phone will automatically search for a local network. Customer can then receive incoming calls, make local calls, or make outgoing calls to Hong Kong or other countries/destinations via mobile phone#.
- Customer can keep using mobile service via Roaming Call Back Service, in any countries that are within our roaming coverage.
- Besides Roaming Call Back Service, customer can also call back to other countries/destinations directly by using IDD service, but he/she must apply for IDD001 service before leaving Hong Kong.
For details please refer to Roaming Service.
# If voice roaming service is needed, IDD001 should be applied. For details please, refer to IDD001 Service.
Q2 What is Roaming Call Back Service? How to use it ?
- Customer can use Roaming Call Back Service to call back to Hong Kong / other countries/destinations and enjoy great savings.
- No application or deposit is required, and you can use the service right away.
- Customer can also receive incoming calls, make local calls, or call other overseas countries/destinations in the roaming countries/destinations.
To call back to Hong Kong:
- Dial *115*(Phone no.)#
- Wait for a return call from our system. Upon receiving the call, customer will be connected to the number he/she has dialed. (Please note : Call is charged once answering the return call, regardless of whether the called line is busy or has no answer)
To retrieve Voice Mail : *115*218#
To call other countries/destinations:
*115*001(country code)(area code)(phone no.)#
Q3 What should I prepare when using voice/data roaming services in other countries/destinations?
- When customer travels around different countries/destinations, he/she will need to have a handset that is compatible with the local networks for using roaming service (For example, when customer travels to Japan or Republic of Korea, he/she will need to have a 3G (WCDMA) handset; In USA, Canada or the rest of Americas, a GSM850 / 1900 handset is needed.)
- Some of the roaming destination may not support 2G/3G network, customers should check for supported network in visited destinations before roaming abroad.
- For details of supported frequency bands in different countries/destinations, please refer to Roaming Destinations & Tariff.
Q4 How should I change my phone settings in order to use roaming service?
- Customer should turn on the roaming function of the account for using roaming service. If data roaming service is needed, customers should also turn on the mobile data function and roaming mobile data function on mobile phone as well. Please remember to dial ##002# to cancel all Call Forwarding functions before leaving Hong Kong to avoid incurring unnecessary roaming charges.
For details, please refer to Roaming User Guide.
Q5 Can I disable the roaming service?
- Yes, customer can disable the Voice and Data Roaming Service by dialing *109*02#. If you need to reactivate the Voice and Data Roaming Service, you may press **109*01# and reboot the handset (Once deactivated, the service cannot be activated overseas with above method). For detail, please click here.
Q6 What is Hong Kong Ring Back Tone Service?
- With "Hong Kong Ring Back Tone Service", when customer is roaming abroad with a GSM network and someone calls, the caller would hear the usual Hong Kong ringing tone, rather than the roaming ringing tone, ensuring privacy on whereabout!
- To activate "Hong Kong Ringback Tone", please dial *108# via handset. Customer will receive a SMS notification shortly after the service is activated. For charging details, please refer toHong Kong Ringback Tone.
Q7 If I have enquiries while roaming, how can I directly contact Customer Service Hotline for free?
- In Mainland China: Customer can call our 24-hour Mainland China Roaming Customer Service Hotline 400 120 400 while roaming in Mainland China. Designated CMHK Service Plan customer can call this hotline free of charge in Mainland China.
- In other destinations: Customer can call our 24-hour Customer Service Hotline (852) 2945 8888 while roaming abroad. Designated CMHK Service Plan customer can call this hotline free of charge while roaming.
Q8 How to temporary stop the data roaming services?
- If data roaming service is not needed when travelling abroad, we suggest you deactivate data service (Reserve Roaming Voice Service) by pressing *109*03# on your handset before departing Hong Kong. If you need to reactivate the Voice and Data Roaming Service, you may press **109*01# and reboot the handset. For detail, please click here. Please note data charge may still be incurred even if you have turned off data roaming service on your handset.
Q9 How to check the roaming data usage?
- • Customer can check roaming data usage of the current day regularly by pressing *121*01# (Chinese) / *121*02# (English) or login CMHK Website / MyLink App for roaming usage enquiry.
Q10 How to prevent unnecessary data roaming charges?
- • If data roaming service is not needed when travelling abroad, we suggest you deactivate data service (Reserve Roaming Voice Service) by pressing *109*03# on your handset before departing Hong Kong to avoid unnecessary charge, please click here for detail. Please note data charge may still be incurred even if you have turned off data roaming service on your handset.
Q1 Can I send a short message from my handset to overseas mobile phone users?
Yes, customer may send short message from own handset to overseas mobile phone users of more than 120 countries.
- Please enter the send-out number as follows:
[001 or 1597 or +] [country code] [telephone number].
For details, please refer to SMS.
Q2 How to send a short message from overseas to Hong Kong or other countries?
- To send a short message from overseas to Hong Kong, please enter:
[001 or +]  [telephone number].
- To send a short message from overseas to other countries, please enter:
[001 or +] [country code] [telephone number].
Voice Mail / Call Forward
Q1 Under what circumstances will the caller be diverted to my voice mailbox?
- Once Voice Mail Service is activated with no other manual call forwarding is set, calls will be diverted to Voice Mailbox if it is busy, unreachable or has no answer when located in Hong Kong.
Q2 How can I listen to the voice messages saved in my voice mailbox?
- Customer can dial 218 on mobile phone, or dial 92089218 on any touch-tone phone to listen to the voice messages. (Starting from 14/04/2015, for subscribers with activated the voice mail service to create or change customer password, the new password will also be applicable to access voice mail service; if no change has been made, the two existing passwords will be remain unchanged. For subscribers newly activate voice mail service start from 14/04/2015, the password will be the same as the customer password.)
Q3 How can I change the language of my Voice Mailbox?
- For Basic Voice Mail:
Simply dial 218 via your CMHK SIM or 92089218 via any phone, then press 3, 1 to change the system default language and press 3, 2 to change the SMS notification language.
- For Premium Voice Mail:
Simply dial 218 via your CMHK SIM or 92089218 via any phone, then press 4, 1 to change the system default language and press 4, 2 to change the SMS notification language.
Q4 How many Voice Mail messages can be recorded and how long can they be kept?
- The Basic Voice Mail can store up at least 20 messages, each up to 60 seconds long. Messages will be stored for 7 days.
- Customer can even store up to 50 messages if he/she applies for Premium Voice Mail, each up to 120 seconds long. Messages will be stored for 15 days.
- For details, please refer to Basic and Premium Voice Mail.
Q5 How can I record a personal greeting in my Voice Mailbox?
- For Basic Voice Mail:
Simply dial 218 via your CMHK SIM or 92089218 via any phone, then press 2 to set up or change your personal greeting.
- For Premium Voice Mail:
Simply dial 218 via your CMHK SIM or 92089218 via any phone, then press 3 to set up or change your personal greetings.
Q6 While I am roaming abroad, can the callers in Hong Kong save message(s) in my voice mail box if my mobile phone is unreachable, has no answer or in a busy status?
- To prevent unnecessary two-way roaming charges, incoming call will not be diverted to Voice Mailbox service automatically when roaming.
- Customer may activate “All Call Forward” service to 6238-6238, depending on needs
- If customer would like to use the voice mailbox while roaming, please click on Voice mailbox.
Q7 How do I check my voice messages while roaming overseas?
- Customer can retrieve voice message by pressing *115*218#. Wait for a return call from our system. Upon receiving the call, customer will be connected to the voice mail box.
- Alternatively, customer can make a long distance call by pressing +85292089218.
- Checking voice messages overseas requires voice mailbox password for verification. Starting from 14/04/2015, for subscribers with activated the voice mail service to create or change customer password, the new password will also be applicable to access voice mail service; if no change has been made, the two existing passwords will be remain unchanged. For subscribers newly activate voice mail service start from 14/04/2015, the password will be the same as the customer password.
Point to note: Customer should pay for the IDD tariff during retrieving voice message overseas.
Q8 How do I activate or de-activate my "All Call Forward" feature when my handset is not with me?
- Customer can make use of our "Remote Call Forwarding" function to activate or deactivate the "All Call Forward" feature. This is a free-of-charge service if customer has subscribed the Call Forwarding Package.
- Simply call our 24-hour Customer Care Hotline 2945-8888 with a touch-tone phone, follow the voice instruction login to main menu, then press 2 and follow the instructions to operate.
- Customer can log in CMHK Website to activate or deactivate the Call Forward feature.
Q9: Can I use remote call forwarding settings to forward the calls to an overseas fixed-line or mobile number?
Customer is required to activate International Call Forward service and IDD 001 service after logging in CMHK Website. For details on charges, please refer to Global Services.
Q1 What is Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS)?
- To give friends a nice surprise, customer can now use a MMS-enabled handset to send picture, together with a music or sound clip, to the MMS handsets of customers using China Mobile Hong Kong or other networks.
Q2 How to activate the data service?
- All service plan subscribers enjoy “Mobile Data Service” automatically. Customer can also activate the service any time by pressing *106*01# (send) or temporarily de-activate the service by pressing *106*02# (send) on the handset.
For details on data services, please refer to Mobile Data Service Settings for Handsets.
Q1 What is Prepaid SIM Card?
- CMHK Prepaid SIM offer mobile service on a prepaid basis.
- Besides free Call Number Display,, a variety of value-added services such as, Voice Mail, Call Forwarding are also available for subscription to suit the needs. Prepaid SIM is applicable to mobile phones that supports 2G or 3G / 4G network, depending on the chosen 2G or 3G/4G Prepaid SIM card. (iPhone 5 cannot be used in CMHK’s 4G network)..
- What's more, customer can even keep the same mobile number simply by recharging the SIM card before the expiry date.
- For details, please refer to Prepaid SIM.
Q2 How long is a Prepaid SIM Card valid for?
- $80 4G/3G Data and Voice SIM card, Super Talk Prepaid SIM Card, IDD Talk Prepaid SIM Card, Super Roaming Prepaid SIM Card, CMHK 1-Card-2-Number Prepaid SIM Card (Guang Dong) version, Kabayan Prepaid SIM Card and Rekanan Prepaid SIM Card will be valid for 180 days from the date of activation.
- CMHK 1-Card-2-Number Prepaid SIM Card will be valid for 90 days from the date of activation.
- Every time customer recharges $50 or above, its validity will be reset to 180 days (not applicable to Kabayan Prepaid SIM Card and Rekanan Prepaid SIM Card ).
- Every time customer recharges under $50, its validity will be reset to 30 days (or remain the same if the original validity is longer).
Q3 If the Prepaid SIM Card has expired with remaining balance, can it be carried forward after the card is recharged?
- If customer recharges before the Prepaid SIM Card expired, the remaining balance will be carried forward automatically; otherwise, it will be forfeited.
Q4 How do I check the remaining balance and expiry date of my Prepaid SIM Card?
Customer may check this information by dialing:
- 193193 on the handset for listening to the remaining balance and expiry date of SIM card free of charge. (Please dial 197197 for Kabayan or Rekanan card)
- *#130# on the handset to obtain the information via short message.
Q5 Can I use Call Forwarding feature on a Prepaid SIM Card?
Yes. For $80 4G/3G Data and Voice SIM card, Super Talk Prepaid SIM Card, IDD Talk Prepaid SIM Card, Super Roaming Prepaid SIM Card customers, please press the following short codes on the handset to subscribe and activate the service. The service fee per 30 days is $15.
For CMHK 1-Card-2-Number Prepaid SIM Card, $0.45/min after call forward via Hong Kong Number, and $0.6/min after call forward via China Number.
For CMHK 1-Card-2-Number Prepaid SIM Card (Guang Dong) version, no charge after call forward via Hong Kong Number, and $0.6/min after call forward via China Number.
For details, please refer to Prepaid SIM Card.
Service subscription: *133#
Service Un-subscription: ##133#
Then, customer can forward incoming calls to a designated number according to the following instructions:
|All Call Forward||Activate: **21*(phone no.)#
|Unreachable Call Forward||Activate: **62*(phone no.)#
|Busy Call Forward||Activate: **67*(phone no.)#
|No Answer Call Forward||Activate: **61*(phone no.)#
Q6 Can I recharge my Prepaid SIM Card while roaming abroad?
Yes, if customer has a refill voucher, he/she can dial:
*139*(16-digit activation code)#on the handset to recharge the SIM Card while roaming.
Q7 Can I switch my prepaid SIM card to CMHK SIM card? How to handle?
Yes, customer can bring along SIM card or identity verification to our outlets for application.
- VoLTE (Voice over LTE) means connection of voice and video call through 4G LTE network. Without switching back to 3G network, you can now enjoy 3-4 times faster call connection and 12 times better video call quality. You may also easily switch between voice and video calls, as well as enjoy simultaneous voice and data usage.
- CMHK service plan customers who activate the VoLTE function of the handset with supported handset & firmware can enjoy VoLTE service.
- No application is required. CMHK service plan customers who activate the VoLTE function of the handset with supported handset & firmware can enjoy the service. If you wish to deactivate VoLTE service, please call our 24-hour customer service hotline 2945 8888.
- VoLTE service does not deduct any local data usage, it only charges the local airtime or local video call airtime.
- More handsets that support VoLTE will be available soon, please refer to our website for details. http://www.hk.chinamobile.com/en/volte/
- Android handset settings： http://www.hk.chinamobile.com/en/volte/android_guide.html
iPhone settings： http://www.hk.chinamobile.com/en/volte/ios_guide.html
- Several factors affect VoLTE call quality:
- Both calling and called party must be activated with VoLTE
- Devices of both party should be VoLTE-compatible and the function has been turned on.
- VoLTE call quality is also variable based on 4G network speed.
- Both party must be CMHK customers in order to enjoy HD voice quality.
- When compared to 3G, VoLTE video call provide 12 times better video quality, and also seamlessly switch between video call and voice call.
- Both calling and called party must be activated with VoLTE and must be CMHK customers in order to make/receive video call.
- iPhone currently does not support VoLTE video call.
- VoLTE service is only available under 4G LTE network coverage.
- VoLTE Video call is only available when both users are using VoLTE service.
- VoLTE service now supports IDD service, but only for the existing IDD 001 and Hong Kong IDD 001 customers to use IDD service in Hong Kong. The charge of using IDD 001 or Hong Kong IDD 001 via VoLTE and current mobile network is the same. VoLTE service does not support international roaming service at this moment.
What is VoLTE?
Eligible customers for VoLTE?
How to apply/deactivate VoLTE service?
Charging of VoLTE service?
VoLTE compatible devices
How to turn on/turn off VoLTE in handset setting?
Why the voice quality remains low when making VoLTE calls?
What are the features of VoLTE Video call?
Other matters needing attention
Q1 Does China Mobile Hong Kong has the right to ask for my Hong Kong Identity Card when I join your Mobile Services? Can I refuse to do so?
- In order to verify customer's identity for service subscription, China Mobile Hong Kong will request customers to present their Hong Kong Identity Card and make a photocopy of it, according to the guidelines issued by the Office of the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data.
Q2 How can China Mobile Hong Kong assure that the photocopy of my Hong Kong Identity Card and my personal information will not be abused for any purposes other than mobile service related?
- After we have made a photocopy of a customer's Hong Kong Identity Card, we will stamp "COPY" across the image of the card in the presence of the customer.
- All our customers personal information is handled by a delegated department to ensure its confidentiality and security.
Q3 What can I do if I don't want to receive promotional information from China Mobile Hong Kong?
Customer can let us know via any of the following means:
- Call us at 24-hour Customer Care Hotline 2945-8888.
- Send a request letter to us:
Attn: Data Protection Officer
Address: Level 20, Tower 1, Kowloon Commerce Centre, 51 Kwai Cheong Road, Kwai Chung, New Territories, Hong Kong.
- Visit any of our shops.