Due to service adjustment of supplier, hmv PLAY music service will terminate from 1 Sep 2018. The service is no longer available for subscription.
|Discover Music Fresh at the touch of your fingertips!
hmv PLAY Music App lets you enjoy songs and music videos at the touch of your fingertips, AD-FREE! Find and listen to your favourite songs anywhere you go, anytime you want! Constantly updated with the newest songs and music videos, hmv PLAY is the music app for fans and music lovers alike!
|12-month / 24-month Contract Offer||$38/month|
|hmv music experts handpick each track and create playlists tailored to your individual taste|
|Personalise your own radio stations on auto-play so that you can sit back and listen to music you love|
|Access your favourite functions with a single click of the shortcut button|
Free download from PLAY STORE or APPLE APP STORE and search “hmv PLAY”
Activate “hmvPLAY” and then press [Login]
Press [TELECOM SUBSCRIBERS]
After selected “CMHK”, enter CMHK mobile number and Customer password for login
Enjoy “hmv PLAY” music service right away
Q2: Any registration beyond login? How to login? A2: No need to register for the users subscribed through CMHK. Please follow the steps below:
- Open ‘hmv PLAY’ App and press ‘LOGIN’
- Press ‘TELECOM SUBSCRIBERS’
- Press CMHK logo
- Enter CMHK mobile number and Customer password for login
Q4: What can I do if I want to change password? A4: Please call CMHK Customer Care Hotline 2945-8888 or Go to CMHK Website
Q2: Is there a limit to the number of songs that can be downloaded? A2: Yes, provided that your mobile device has enough internal memory, you can download up to 2,000 songs in the hmv PLAY app.
Q3: Can downloaded songs be transferred and played on another Internet device? A3: No. Downloaded songs can only be played inside the hmv PLAY app.
Q4: Can I use hmv PLAY when I am abroad? A4: We kindly advise you to download the songs under wifi network and use airplane mode abroad to save the data consumption.
Q2: How to download hmv PLAY app? A2: Current CMHK SOLITON subscribers please uninstall CMHK SOLITON App in your mobile device and download ‘hmv PLAY’ in App Store/ Google Play Store.
Q3: Will the playlists created be absent? A3: No. The playlists created exist if you use the same account to login.
Q4: Will the downloaded songs be absent? A4: Please refer to the steps below to migrate the downloaded songs:
- Open hmv PLAY app
- Go to 'ME' tab
- You can find the playlist named ' Songs downloaded in previous version
- Press 'DOWNLOAD' button (You are advised to download songs under wifi network, the arrow icon flashes when downloading)
- General Information
- These Terms & Conditions (“this T&C”) shall apply to hmv PLAY music services ( "Service") provided jointly by China Mobile Hong Kong Company Limited ("CMHK" or "we" or “us” whichever the context requires) and Soliton (Hong Kong) Limited (“Soliton HK”).
- By subscribing and/or using the Service, you agree to all the provisions in this T&C.
- All music and digital contents obtained via the Service (“the Music”) are supplied by Soliton HK. You agree to strictly comply with all the terms and conditions of hmv PLAY (“hmv PLAY T&C”), the full text of which is available at http://www.hmv.com.hk/hmvplay/terms.php.
- The Service is only applicable to registered CMHK customers who subscribed the Service.
- The Music
- Upon subscription of the Service and payment of any applicable fees, you are granted the non-exclusive right to download and stream the Music for personal and non-commercial use pursuant to the terms of the T&C and the hmv PLAY T&C.
- You may only enjoy Music during your subscription period. Upon termination of the Service, you will have no access to the Music downloaded to your device.
- You agree not to reproduce, issue, rent, broadcast, make available to public, make adaptation, and commercially exploit the Music without the prior consent of Soliton HK.
- Monthly Plan
- The Standard Fee applies to customers subscribing the Service on a monthly basis (without Minimum Service Period commitment) (“Monthly Plan”).
- Unless you terminate the Service via our hotline or by visiting our retail outlets, the Monthly Plan will be extended automatically on a monthly basis at the new Standard Fee prevailing at the time of incurrence.
- Commitment Plan
- The Special Fee applies to customers committed to Minimum Service Period (“Commitment Plan”) for the Service.
- You agree to comply with all the provisions applicable to the Commitment Plan.
- First Month Fee Waiver
- The first month fee waiver is only applicable to customers who has never subscribed the Service before. Customer will be entitled the first month fee waiver of the Service for one time only. If you are eligible for more than one concurrently running offers, we reserves the right to award only one of the said offers at our sole discretion.
- Service fees have to be paid in advance on monthly basis.
- If the subscription is less than one month, the Service will be charged on a pro-rata basis.
- If CMHK is not able to receive payment from you by the means of payment method customers have selected before the start of any subscription month, the Service will be automatically suspended until the service fees are received in full by CMHK.
- Compatibility, Data Usage and Access
- To access the Service via customer’s device, you must first download the hmv PLAY Apps. Please make sure your device is compatible with the hmv PLAY Apps before you subscribe for the Service.
- When you download the hmv PLAY Apps and/or use this Service through the mobile data network, mobile data usage be charged by CMHK or deducted from customer’s Mobile Data Plan/Package.
- The Service is only available for access within Hong Kong. Additional charges for data roaming may be accrued for attempted access to the Service outside Hong Kong, whether the access is successful or not.
- The Service are provided on “as is” basis.
- We make no warranty that (i) the Service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the Service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- We assume no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery or failure to store your communications or personalization settings.
- You agree to use the Service and the hmv PLAY Apps at your own risk. We shall not be liable for any loss and damages arising out of your access to, or use of, or downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video or audio from the use of the Service, including, without limitation, damage to, or viruses that may infect your device or other property as a result thereof.
- We shall not be liable to you or any third parties for loss of data, revenue, income, actual or anticipated profit and business, nor any indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential loss damages. Our total liability to you shall not exceed the service fees received from customer for the immediately 3 months’ period prior to the occurrence of any event (except for liabilities for personal injuries and death).
- As far as permitted by law, we disclaim any representation, or warranty (whether express or implied as to the title, fitness for a particular purpose, merchantabilities, accuracy or standard of service) in relation to the Service.
- Suspension of the Service
- CMHK may, with or without notice to you limit or suspend the Service or any part thereof (i) to carry out system maintenance, upgrading, testing and/or repairs and/or (ii) you have breached the provisions T&C and/or we believe on reasonable grounds that you have breached the provisions of the T&C.
- You agree to indemnify us against any action, liabilities, costs, claims, loss and damages, proceedings and other expenses incurred by us as a result of or in relation to your breach of the T&C.
- Personal Privacy
- We may assign and/or transfer any of the rights and liabilities hereof at any time. You shall not assign, transfer, convey or otherwise dispose of any of your rights and/or liabilities under the T&C without our prior consent.
- Notwithstanding the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Ordinance Cap 623, no person other than you will have any right to enforce any of the provisions of T&C against CMHK.
- In case of any discrepancy between the Chinese and English version of the T&C, the English version shall always prevail.
- CMHK reserves the right to change the provisions of the T&C at any time without prior notice. CMHK may post the changes to the T&C on its website. Your continued use or access to the Service conclusively demonstrates your acceptance of these changes. All matters and disputes will be subject to CMHK’s system records and CMHK’s final decision.
- In case any of the provision is, or found to be, unenforceable, that will not affect the enforceability of other provisions hereof.
- The T&C are governed and interpreted by the law of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (“Hong Kong”) and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Hong Kong in case of any disputes.