CMHK "My Friend" Prepaid SIM Card offers the best value for Thai in Hong Kong.
- Good quality IDD and special IDD rate to Thai & Vietnam..etc.
- International SMS to Thailand, Vietnam & Cambodia only $0.5/SMS
- Register for Connecting Tone for the first time during promotional period: first month's service fee waived + a connecting tone of your own choice for free in the 1st month (Offer is available for a limited time only).
- New #333 connecting tone service hotline in English. Register now to get 1 free connecting tone of your choice in the first month.
- FREE unlimited SMS to other CMHK customers
- Lower Intra-network airtime - call other CMHK customers for only $0.05/min
- No monthly charge
- No registration or address proof needed
|Retail Price||Stored Value1||Validity Period|
- Stored Value is used for deducting charges on local calls, and on various SMS, infotainment and download services.
|Recharge Method||Refill Amount||Validity period2|
|Refill Voucher||$20||30 days|
|Flexi-Fill / Auto-Fill||$10 - $49||30 days|
|$50 or above||180 days|
|PPS3||30 - $49||30 days|
|$50 or above||180 days|
- Every time your Prepaid SIM Card is refilled, the stored value validity period will be automatically extended starting from the date of refill. If the original validity period is longer, then the original validity period will prevail.
- The minimum refill amount via PPS is $30.
|Local Airtime Charges|
My Friend (Thai) IDD tariff
International Call Forward
|Short Message Service (SMS)1|
|Sending local SMS in Hong Kong|
|Local intra-network SMS||
Notice: New Intra-SMS service charge will be effective from 27th Dec,2018. The first 300 intra-SMS per month will be free of charge and thereafter rate will be $0.1 per intra-SMS.
|Local inter-network SMS||$0.50/SMS|
|Sending International SMS in Hong Kong2|
|To Thailand, Vitenam, Cambodia||$0.50/SMS|
|To India, Bangladesh||$0.70/SMS|
|To other countries/ regions||$1.00/SMS|
- Add $3 for sending SMS while roaming abroad.
- International SMS delivery depends on the foreign network operators. For a complete list of available network operators of country / destination, please click here
Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS)3
|Surcharge on sending International MMS||$3/MMS|
(The service will be terminated on 16 December 2014. All downloaded content before this date will not be affected.)
|Charges counted on a per unsit basis
(please refer to releated web page)
|198 Financial Link (in Chinese)||$1/min + Inter-network airtime|
|Caller Number Display||Free|
|Missed Call Alert||Free|
|Call Forwarding||$15 / month4|
|Voice & Fax Mailbox||$15 / month4|
|- Retrieve voice message||Dial 218 via your handset||Based on local airtime charge|
Dial 92089218 via other phone
|- Printing fax message||Dial 92089218 via fax machine||Free|
|Call Waiting & Call Hold service5||Free|
|Conference Call service6||Free|
|Mobile Data Service7,8|
|- Local Mobile Data Service||$0.04/KByte|
|- GPRS Roaming Service||$0.15/KByte|
|- Mobile Data Package8,9||Note: The maximum data usage of 1-Day/7-Day Mobile Data Package will be changed to 1GB with effective from 26 May 2016.|
| 30-Day Package4,10
(3GB usage limit, with effect from 8 Jun 2015)
- Please check if applicable handset models are used to receive the content, and if the recipient's network is compatible. Otherwise customer could be charged even if the transmission is unsuccessful.
- The Monthly Fee will be automatically deducted every 30 days. The service will be terminated without prior notice if the stored value balance is insufficient. Customer must ensure the card has sufficient stored value and then re-subscribe the service in order to use the service again.
- When using the Call Waiting and Call Hold feature, subscribers need to pay the airtime charge for the first answered call, as well as the other calls answered or on hold at the same time. (IDD charge is applicable on IDD calls)
- When using the Conference Call feature, subscribers need to pay the airtime charge for all connected lines at the same time.
- At the start of each data connection, a stored value of $5 will be reserved. This reserved stored value cannot be used for deduction of any other fees or charges until the data connection is completely disconnected.
- Mobile Data Package is only applicable to using GPRS service in Hong Kong. GPRS roaming charge will be applied for using GPRS overseas.
- From 1 Mar 2013, Free Wi-Fi Service is only applicable for "7-Day Package" and "30-Day Package".
- For subscriptions/renewals of 2G Mobile Data & Wi-Fi package ($38/30 days) on/after 8 Jun 2015, mobile data connection will be terminated immediately when the usage volume exceeds 3GB (not applicable to Wi-Fi), and could only be resumed after the 30-day period. For instant resumption of the data connection within the 30-day period, to get more details or to terminate the service, please contact authorized dealer.
- Calling Number Display (Free)
- Call Forwarding Service
- Voice & Fax Mailbox
- Call Waiting & Call Hold Service (Free)
- Conference Call Service (Free)
- SMS Service
- Mobile Data Service (GPRS)
- Download Service
- Missed Call Alert (Free)
- International Call Forward Service
"Download Service" will be terminated on 16 December 2014. All downloaded content before this date will not be affected.
1. Refill Voucher
Purchase "$50 Rekanan Refill voucher" or "$20 Rekanan Refill voucher" at any CMHK shops or authorized dealer:
- On your handset, press (16-digit activation code) ; or
- Call via your handset and follow the voice prompt to enter the (16-digit activation code); or
- Call with any touch-tone phone, follow the voice prompt to key in the Prepaid SIM Card Mobile Number and the (16-digit activation code)
2. Octopus Self-service Payment
Visit CMHK shops and refill with your Octopus by using the Octopus Self-service Payment Machines and choose any refill amount ($10 minimum).
Visit China Mobile Hong Kong Co. Ltd.("CMHK") shops and choose any refill amount you want ($10 minimum). Our staff will refill your SIM card for you.
Visit CMHK shops and apply:
- Automatic refill by credit card - you can decide the remaining value that sets off Auto-Fill ($10 minimum), and any refill amount between $10 to $300 (must be multiples of $10)
You may refill your Prepaid SIM card easily through PPS hotline or website ($30 minimum). (Merchant code: 9782)
- Customers must activate the SIM card before refill.
- Refill via PPS will be effective in 15 minutes.
Simply make your first local or IDD call in Hong Kong (or call a toll-free number 197197) to activate your SIM card. (When the call is connecting, simply follow the system's voice prompt to select language, then the system will inform you of the mobile number, stored value and expiry date of your SIM card. The related information will also be sent to your handset via SMS).
The SIM card is valid for 180 days, starting from the day of activation
Check Mobile Number, Remaining Balance, Expiry Date of SIM Card (Free of Charge)
- Press; or
Dialor (Country Code) (Area Code) (Telephone Number)
(The SIM Card cannot support any international operator-assisted calls)
Missed Call Alert
If your mobile phone is busy, out of coverage, switched off or has no answer, "Missed Call Alert" service can capture and store the caller's phone number, calling time and date for you. When your mobile phone becomes available again, the information will be sent to you via SMS.
3. Applicable to callers with Calling Number Display function activated.
4. Missed Call Alert function cannot be used in conjunction with relevant call forward and voice mailbox functions.
5. If your mobile phone cannot be reached within a certain period, the alerts will be deleted.
Call Forwarding Service
To forward calls to a designated phone number, press the following short codes on your handset to activate or deactivate the service:
Activate or deactivate call forwarding:
|All Call Forward||Activate:
| (designated number)
|Unreachable Call Forward||Activate:
| (designated number)
|Busy Call Forward||Activate:
| (designated number)
|No Answer Call Forward||Activate:
| (designated number)
Remarks: To activate call forward function (except "All Call Forward"), customer should ensure the Prepaid Card has enough balance to receive 6 minutes or more of incoming calls (for roaming, charges will be calculated base on Roaming Service Tariff), otherwise the call forward command will fail.
Voice & Fax Mailbox
Press the following short codes to subscribe or cancel the service:
Diaon your handset to listen to new user guide, then follow the instruction to record your personal greeting and establish a password.
To retrieve voice message:
- Dial via your handset; or
- Dialvia other phones
To receive fax message:
De-activate any Call Forwarding functions and switch off your mobile phone.
To print out fax message:
Dialon any fax machine equipped with a receiver.
- If customer subscribes to both Call Forwarding and Voice & Fax Mailbox service, all unreceived incoming calls will be diverted to voice mail automatically. Customer can divert incoming calls to any designated number according to his needs.
Call Waiting & Call Hold Service
The Call Waiting feature enables you to answer an incoming call while you are already making a call. With Call Hold you can make a second call, while you hold your existing call.
|Enquire service status:|
Conference Call Service
This multi-party teleconference feature allows different parties from different points to be connected simultaneously, creating a practical and efficient way of communication.
|Enquire service status:|
Short Message Service - Send Messages
Select "Menu", "Message", then select "Write Message" / " Message Editor" / "Send New"
Compose your message, then select "Send" / "Send Message"
Enter mobile number and press "OK". To send international SMS, please enterorplus country code first (sending SMS to China requires entering the China mobile number only).
Remark: Dialling of the prefix "133" or "1357" to restrict or allow calling number display is not applicable for SMS sending.
Mobile Data Services (GPRS)
"Mobile Data Service" allows customers to send and receive data files through their handsets. A variety of data-related services can be enjoyed through the use of Mobile Data Service.
Activate & Deactivate "Mobile Data Service"
Presson a GPRS handset to active MMS service and GPRS service
You'll receive a Chinese and an English confirmation SMS after the services are activated.
Deactivate:on your handset to deactivate.
Download Data Transmission Setting to Your Handset
Call,press ,and follow the instructions on your handset to save the setting.
(Applicable to designated handset models; for the settings of other handset models, please visit "Handsets" section and select the relevant handset)
Subscribe & Cancel Mobile Data Package
You can subscribe the “1-Day Pass”, “7-Day Pass” or “30-Day Pass” with your needs.
Activate the service as below:
|Press via handset|
|After receiving confirmation SMS, please select package type and then press below short code via handset.
1-Day – Press 1
7-Day – Press 2
30-Day^ – Press 3
Short-cuts for entering COLOR:
|Nokia||Press and hold the "0" key|
|Motorola||Enter "Web Access"" "Browser"|
|Sony Ericsson||Press and hold the 「」 key|
|Panasonic GD88||Press and hold the @ key|
|Samsung||Press " and select "WWW services"|
|Siemens||Enter "Surf & fun" "Internet" "Homepage"|
|Alcatel||Press and hold the @ key|
|LG||Press and hold the "" key|
^When monthly (30 days from the day of data package subscription) data usage reaches 3GB, customer can still continue using the service. However, priority access to the network may be adjusted during network busy period and which may affect the data service experience.
Please click here
Roaming Dialing Methods
1. Direct Dial Roaming
|Roaming Country/ Region||Operator||Calling Instruction - Outgoing Calls to Hong Kong||Calling Instruction - Outgoing Local Calls||Calling Instruction - Outgoing Calls to Other Countries/Regions|
|China||CMCC||+ 852 (Hong Kong phone no.)||Dial the local number directly||+ (country code) (area code) (phone no.)|
2. *130* Roaming
Simply follow the dialing procedures below. Once "Request Accepted" is displayed on your handset screen, you'll receive a call from our system in seconds. Upon receiving the call, you'll then be connected to the phone number you've dialed.
Outgoing Calls to Hong Kong
Press(Hong Kong phone no.)
no need to key in Hong Kong country code "852")
Outgoing Local Calls / Calls to Other Countries/Regions
Press (country code) (area code) (phone no.)
Deactivate & Reactivate Roaming Service Through Your Handset
To de-activate roaming service
To re-activate roaming service
Press (applicable to Hong Kong only)
Refill, Check Mobile Number, Balance and Expiry Date* in Overseas
Refill via refill voucher : Press(16-digit activation code)
Check phone no., remaining balance & expiry date of SIM card / Call Forwarding Service / Voice & Fax Mailbox: Press
*The required information will be sent to your handset in short message.
Set up mailbox or retrieve messages: Press
- f your handset fails to detect a network automatically, please refer to your handset user menu and select the network operator manually. If you are still unable to make call, please restart the handset and redial the number, or select another network operator if you cannot make calls after several tries.
- Please ensure your "IDD Roaming Prepaid SIM Card" has sufficient balance before leaving Hong Kong, or you can purchase extra Refills for use overseas.
International Call Forward Service & Dialing Method
Activate All International Call Forward:(Country Code) (Area Code) (Local Phone No.)
De-activate All International Call Forward:
The default PIN code of the SIM card is "8888". Three consecutive failed attempts to enter the PIN code will permanently lock the SIM card. CMHK shall under no circumstances be liable for any damages or losses caused whatsoever.
My Friend Prepaid SIM Card is available all over Hong Kong, including CMHK outlets/ customer care center and the authorized dealers.
Shop A, G/F, Grand View Commercial Centre, 29-31 Sugar Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
Tel: 2211 7788
- CMHK Prepaid SIM Cards cannot be used for calls to Infoline Call numbers with "900" prefix.
- The use of the individual service shall be subject to such terms and conditions as stated on the relevant service leaflet or on CMHK relevant web page.
- The SIM Card is non-refundable and non-returnable.
- The SIM Card must be activated on or before the expiry date stipulated thereon.
- CMHK's administration or service monthly fee (if any) shall be deducted from the CMHK Prepaid SIM Card.
- When all stored value has been used up or the remaining stored value shall be inadequate for the deduction of administrational or service monthly fee, the service of SIM Card will be suspended.
- Where a SIM Card has expired, or where service has been suspended for more than 30 days due to whatever reason, or where service has been terminated due to whatever reasons, the remaining stored value (if any) shall be non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The stored value of CMHK "My Friend" Prepaid SIM card shall be valid for 90 days starting from the activation date, subject to the activation taking place within the stipulated validity period. For port-in customers switching with their own mobile number, the stored value validity period starts from the day the mobile number is successfully ported in.
- CMHK will not be liable for any damages, however arising, of the card or responsible for repairing and making good therefor.
- The mobile number is assigned randomly and Customer cannot return, choose or request to change to other mobile numbers. Customer will not be able to keep the allocated mobile number once the SIM Card has expired, or where its service has been suspended for more than 30 days due to whatever reasons or where its service has been terminated due to whatever reasons.
- Calculation of call airtime is based on the network report of CMHK. In case of dispute, the statement of CMHK is conclusive and binding. All calculations are subject to such prevailing rates or tariff as CMHK shall from time to time impose.
- CMHK is entitled at their full discretion to temporarily suspend any or all of the Services without notice to the Customer for the purpose of preventing any improper or abnormal use of CMHK's network or resources, fraudulent or deceptive acts until CMHK is satisfied that the Customer has ceased such acts or the relevant investigation has been completed. CMHK may assess abnormal usage based on comparisons to the usage patterns and levels of CMHK’s other customers, and/or based on whether such usage level is considered to have affected our other customers' ability to optimally use the same network or service.
- CMHK reserves its absolute right to change the terms and conditions relating to the use of the SIM card including but not limited to the airtime or SMS tariffs or rates at any time without prior notice to or consent from the Customer.
- The above information and rates are subject to change without prior notice.
- Any change or amendment will be published on CMHK website.
- For the details of the Terms and Conditions, pls. refer to http://www.hk.chinamobile.com/en/corporate_information/Customer_Service/contract_terms_conditions/customer-support-t-n-c.html.