1. What is eSIM Service (Smartphone/iPad)?
• An eSIM is a digital SIM. eSIM Service allows designated Smartphone/iPad connect to CMHK 4.5G network independently and enjoy the local data and voice entitled under your service plan. You can also use Dual SIM function on smartphone with an eSIM.
2. Can I subscribe eSIM Service (Smartphone/iPad)?
• Designated Mobile Service Plan and eSIM compatible Smartphone/iPad are required.
3. Which Mobile Service Plan is eligible for eSIM Service (Smartphone/iPad)?
• 5G Service Plan and most of the 4G Mobile Service Plans are eligible for eSIM Service (Smartphone/iPad).
4. Which devices can support eSIM Service (Smartphone/iPad)?
Please click here
to see the designated device that support eSIM service.
5. Is there any charge for using eSIM Service (Smartphone/iPad)?
• eSIM Service (iPhone / iPad) is free of charge for CMHK customer with designated Mobile Service Plan until further notice.
6. I have subscribed to The Cellular Service on Apple Watch, can I subscribe to eSIM Service (Smartphone/iPad)?
• Yes. Please subscribe eSIM Service (Smartphone/iPad) via MyLink App or CMHK website, and activate eSIM on your Smartphone/iPad in order to enjoy the service.
7. I have subscribed to eSIM (Android Smart Device), can I subscribe to eSIM Service (Smartphone/ iPad)?
• Yes. Please subscribe eSIM Service (Smartphone/iPad)via MyLink App or CMHK website, and activate eSIM on your Smartphone/iPad in order to enjoy the service.
8. How to subscribe eSIM Service upon Service Plan Subscription?
• You can subscribe to eSIM service upon service plan subscription via eShop or any CMHK shops.
9. How to activate eSIM Service as a new customer?
• After subscribing eSIM service and completing Service Plan subscription, an email will be sent by the system. A QR code will be shown after inputting information for verification. You can then scan the QR code on their devices to activate eSIM Service.
10. How to unsubscribe eSIM Service (Smartphone/ iPad)?
• Please note that application for a new physical SIM card will be required after unsubscribing eSIM Service (Smartphone/ iPad), in order to use the mobile data service. If you would like to apply a new physical SIM card, please visit CMHK shops.You might require to pay the related service fee.
11. I find the introduction of applying eSIM Service via MyLink in eSIM website, however, the interface of the updated MyLink is different to the screen cap in eSIM website, can I apply eSIM Service via updated MyLink?
• The eSIM Service of updated MyLink is under maintenance, please apply eSIM Service via website for now. Sorry for any inconvenience.
12. How to apply eSIM service (Smartphone) while outside Hong Kong?
• If you are outside Hong Kong, you can apply eSIM service (Smartphone) for your eligible Smartphone via CMHK website/ MyLink App. Network connection to the designated Smartphone is required. Please click here
to see the designated Smartphone(s) that support eSIM service.
Use of Service
1. Is the QR code for the new customers can only be obtained via email?
• You may also request our staff to print out a copy of the QR code upon service plan subscription if needed.
2. Is there any time limitation for the link in the verification email?
• The link will only be valid within 48 hours of being sent by the system.
3. What should I do if I have filled in the wrong email address and cannot receive the verification email?
• Please contact our customers service specialists at 29458888 to change your email address and arrange for resending verification email.
4. What should I do if I cannot “Add a New Plan” on Smartphone/iPad after scanning the eSIM QR code?
• Please connect your Smartphone/iPad to WiFi and try again later.
5. Can I switch to another applicable iPhone/iPad and use eSIM Service (Smartphone/iPad) anytime？
• Yes. When you switch to another Smartphone/iPad, please apply for a new eSIM QR code via MyLink App or CMHK website and scan the QR code in “Setting” of your new Smartphone/iPad to activate the eSIM.
6. Any limitation of eSIM QR code replacement?
• A designated quota of eSIM QR code replacement is applied, please contact Customer Service Specialist at 29458888 for details.
7. Can I make international calls on applicable Smartphone/iPad?
• Yes. If you have subscribed IDD service, you will be able to make international calls on your applicable Smartphone/iPad. Please note that there might be extra IDD service charge.
8. Can I make or receive calls, or use roaming data via my Smartphone/iPad while overseas？
• It subject to the roaming data/ voice services activation under your service plan. Please note that there might be extra service charge.
9. If I have one iPhone and one iPad, can I use eSIM Service (Smartphone/iPad) and share the same mobile service plan on both device?
• No. eSIM Service (Smartphone/iPad) of each mobile number can only be used on one iPhone or one iPad.
10. Can the 4.5G Full Speed Share Service Plan Supplementary SIMs subscribe to eSIM Service (Smartphone/iPad)？
• Yes. Each Supplementary SIMs in Share Service Plan can subscribe to one eSIM Service (Smartphone/iPad) on the applicable (Smartphone/iPad).
11. I have subscribed to "1-Card-Multi-Number" Value-added Service. Will applicable Smartphone/iPad be able to receive incoming calls if someone call my Mainland China number?
• Yes, you can receive both the incoming call to your Local / Mainland China number via applicable Smartphone/iPad.
1. I have successfully activated the eSIM Service (Smartphone/iPad) on the applicable Smartphone/iPad but it is still unable to connect to mobile network, what should I do?
• If you are using iPhone/iPad, please power off and restart your iPhone or iPad and upgrade iOS.
• If you apply for a new eSIM QR code, please make sure your previous eSIM has been removed from your Smartphone/iPad.