We understand your busy lifestyle demands hassle-free services. That's why our IDD1597 service allows you to make IDD calls at special rates from Hong Kong to 23 districts includes Mainland China, Taiwan, Macau, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Republic of Korea, UK, USA, Canada, and Australia etc. right away with NO further registration or deposit required. This also means that you don't have to shop around for other IDD services and manage numerous phone bills.
+ (Country / Destination Code) + (Area Code) + (Telephone Number)
|Country/ Destination||Country / Destinaion Code||Rate (per minute)1
(charged on 1-minute incremental basis)
|Rest of China||$2.98|
|Republic of Korea||82||$0.88|
|Indonesia(Biltar & Malang)||Fixed-line||62341, 62342||$0.49|
|Indonesia(Jarkarta & Surabaya)||Fixed-line||6221, 6231||$0.30|
|Indonesia(Telkomsel)||Mobile||62811, 62812, 62813, 62821, 62822, 62823, 62851, 62852, 62853||$0.68|
|Mobile||277, 276, 278||$2.00|
- Does not include applicable local airtime charge.
- Calls to UK telephone numbers starting with "7", "8", "9" are charged at $1.97/min; calls to Australia telephone numbers starting with "1", "4", "5" are charged at $1.79/min. For further information on specific telephone number prefixes in individual destinations, please click here.
- If customer call back an incoming IDD call by retrieving the telephone number from the caller number display (e.g. from "Answered" or "Missed" call record), this IDD call will be charged at IDD 001 rates since you are using IDD 001 to make the call.
- IDD call charges will apply once a call is answered (even if the call is answered by any automatic answering systems including announcement, tone machine, etc). In some circumstances, IDD call charges may still apply to the ringing time due to special call routing design of third party service providers in the event if a call is not answered.
IDD1597 Special Package
What's more, you can apply "IDD1597 Special Package" to enjoy 20 minutes of IDD1597 service every month for only $10/month1. Use this terrific package to call Mainland China, Taiwan, Macau, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Republic of Korea, UK2, USA, Canada, and Australia2 any time you like. Please call 2945 8888 to apply now!
- Any remaining "IDD1597 Special Package" free airtime cannot be carried forward to subsequent months. Package airtime can only be used on calls via IDD1597 Service to destinations specified above. Any extra IDD1597 airtime will be charged according to standard IDD1597 service tariff.
- For calls to UK and Australia, "IDD1597 Special Package" is applicable to fixed-line numbers only, excluding numbers starting with "7", "8", "9" in UK, and "1", "4", "5" in Australia.
De-activate / Re-activate Service Anytime
IDD1597 service has been activated for all CMHK service plan subscribers. You can temporarily de-activate the service anytime by pressing . To re-activate the service, press .
If you have any query on the above information, please contact us.
- The above charges and service details are subject to change without prior notice.
- IDD1597 charge will be calculated by minute basis.
- The above IDD1597 service and charges are not applicable to CMHK Prepaid SIM Cards.
- Besides IDD charges, local Inter-network/Mobile airtime charges also apply.
- IDD1597 service is only applicable to CMHK service plan subscribers making IDD calls from Hong Kong to Mainland China, Taiwan, Macau, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Republic of Korea, Japan, Brunei, India, Indonesia, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Vietnam, UAE, UK, USA, Canada, and Australia. The service is not available while customers are roaming abroad.
- To make IDD calls to other destinations, customers are required to register and pay a $1,000 deposit for the use of IDD 001 Service (The deposit can be waived if customer's monthly fee is settled by credit card direct debit).
- CMHK reserves the right to make the final decision on the provision, activation or cancellation of this service.
- The above information is the latest service contents and tariff by CMHK, and supersedes all information published before 7/2/2018.