CMHK "My Friend" (Thai) 4G/3G Prepaid SIM Card offers the best value for Thai in Hong Kong.
- Subscribe 4G 21Mbps Local Data Package to enjoy unlimited data service at promotional price; $88/30 days.
- Good quality IDD and special IDD rates to Thai, Vietnamese, Burmese, Cambodians,etc.
- International SMS to Thailand, Vietnam & Cambodia for only $0.5/SMS
- The first 300 intra-SMS per month will be free of charge and thereafter rate will be $0.1 per intra-SMS
- Lower Intra-network airtime - call other CMHK customers for only $0.05/min
- No monthly charge
- No registration or address proof needed
|Retail Price||Stored Value1||Validity Period|
- Stored Value is used for deducting charges on local calls, SMS, data, infotainment and download services.
|Recharge Method||Refill Amount||Validity period2|
|MyLink App/ CMHK Website||$50 or above||180 Days|
|Refill Voucher||$20||30 days|
|Flexi-Fill / Auto-Fill using credit card / Octopus Self-service||$10 - $49
$20-$49 (for credit card)
|$50 or above
$50-$300 (for credit card)
|PPS3||30 - $49||30 days|
|$50 or above||180 days|
- Every time your Prepaid SIM Card is refilled, the stored value validity period will be automatically extended starting from the date of refill. If the original validity period is longer, then the original validity period will prevail.
- The minimum refill amount via PPS is $30.
|Local Airtime Charges|
My Friend (Thai) IDD tariff
|International Call Forward||My Friend (Thai) – International call forward tariff|
|Data Roaming Service|
|Country / region||Pay-per-use charged
|Maximum Charge per day
|Thailand||$1/MB||$28||Full speed||Data Speed will be adjusted to 128Kbps upon the daily usage have exceeded 500MB|
|Short Message Service (SMS)1|
|Sending local SMS in Hong Kong|
|Local intra-network SMS||
Notice: New Intra-SMS service charge will be effective from 27th Dec,2018. The first 300 intra-SMS per month will be free of charge and thereafter rate will be $0.1 per intra-SMS.
|Local inter-network SMS||$0.50/SMS|
|Sending International SMS in Hong Kong2|
|To Thailand, Vitenam, Cambodia||$0.50/SMS|
|To India, Bangladesh||$0.70/SMS|
|To other countries/ regions||$1.00/SMS|
- Add $3 for sending SMS while roaming abroad.
- International SMS delivery depends on the foreign network operators. For a complete list of available network operators of country / region, please click here
- Please check if applicable handset models are used to receive the content, and if the recipient's network is compatible. Otherwise customer could be charged even if the transmission is unsuccessful.
- The Monthly Fee will be automatically deducted every 30 days. The service will be terminated without prior notice if the stored value balance is insufficient. Customer must ensure the card has sufficient stored value and then re-subscribe the service in order to use the service again.
- When using the Call Waiting and Call Hold feature, subscribers need to pay the airtime charge for the first answered call, as well as the other calls answered or on hold at the same time. (IDD charge is applicable on IDD calls)
- When using the Conference Call feature, subscribers need to pay the airtime charge for all connected lines at the same time.
- When local data usage reaches 1GB from 00:00 – 23:59 (HK Time) daily, you still can enjoy data service in Hong Kong with access speed not less than 128kbps.
- During package validity period (starting from subscription until the 10th/30th day 23:59 (HK Time)), max. local data access speed is 384kbps.
- During package validity period (starting from subscription until the 10th day 23:59 (HK Time)), max. local data access speed is 14.4Mbps. When local data usage reaches 1GB within this period, you still can enjoy data service in Hong Kong with access speed not less than 128kbps.
- The service fee will be automatically deducted every 10/90 days. The service will be terminated without prior notice if the stored value balance is insufficient.
- The service fee of 1GB Local Data Package will be automatically deducted every 10 days. The service will be terminated without prior notice if the stored value balance is insufficient.
- Tethering and P2P applications (incl. BitTorrent) are not supported for the data service & packages. It is applicable to handset use only.
- At the start of each data connection in Hong Kong, a stored value of 15MB local data charge will be reserved. It cannot be used for deduction of any other fees or charges until the data connection is completely disconnected.
- When customer is located out of 4G coverage in Hong Kong, CMHK will provide service to customer via 3G/2G/EDGE network within 3G/2G/EDGE network coverage. Provision of CMHK 4G network service is subjected to applicable 4G device used by customer.
- Actual data transmission speed may vary due to many factors, including but not limited to network traffic condition, handset model, handset setting (including hardware and software), uploaded/ downloaded content, etc.
- Roaming service is not supported.
- During data package validity period (starting from subscription until the 30th day 23:59 (HK time), max. local data access speed is 21Mbps for first 20GB data usage, thereafter is 2Mbps. P2P applications (including BitTorrent) are not supported .
- During data package validity period (starting from subscription until the 30th day 23:59 (HK time), max. local data access speed is 21Mbps for first 20GB data usage, thereafter is 2Mbps. data usage is reset on every 30 days. P2P applications (including BitTorrent) are not supported.
- During data package validity period (starting from subscription until the 3rd day 23:59 (HK time), max. local data access speed is 21Mbps for first 3GB data usage, thereafter is 128kbps. P2P applications (including BitTorrent) are not supported.
|Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS)3|
|Surcharge on sending International MMS||$3/MMS|
|Download Service||Charges counted on a per unit basis
(please refer to releated web page)
|198 Financial Link (in Chinese)||$1/min + Inter-network airtime|
|Caller Number Display||Free|
|Missed Call Alert||Free|
|Call Forwarding||$15 / month4|
|Voice & Fax Mailbox||$15 / month4|
|- Retrieve voice message||Dial 218 via your handset||Based on local airtime charge|
|Dial 92089218 via other phone||Free|
|- Printing fax message||Dial 92089218 via fax machine||Free|
|Call Waiting & Call Hold service5||Free|
|Conference Call service6||Free|
|Mobile Data Service12,13,14,15,16|
|- 4G/3G Local Data Service (activated by default)7||
$1/MB (Maximum charge $28/day)
|- 4G Local Data Package (90 Days)10,18||
|- 4G Local Data Package (30 Days)8,10,17
|- 4G Lite 10-day Local Data Package8,10||$35/10 days|
|- 3G Lite Local Data Package8,10||$68/30 days|
|- 1GB Local Data Package9,11||$68/10 days|
|- 4G Local Data Package (2 Days)19||$20/ 2 days|
From 17 April, 2020, the pay-as-you-go “4G/3G Local Data Service” charged at $1/MB (daily capped at $28/day) will be suspended. To enjoy our data service, please subscribe our 4G Local Data Package.
- Calling Number Display (Free)
- Call Forwarding Service
- Voice & Fax Mailbox
- Call Waiting & Call Hold Service (Free)
- Conference Call Service (Free)
- SMS Service
- Mobile Data Service
- Download Service
- Missed Call Alert (Free)
- International Call Forward Service
1. Refill Voucher
Purchase “$100 Rekanan Refill voucher”, "$50 Rekanan Refill voucher" or "$20 Rekanan Refill voucher" at any CMHK shops or authorized dealer:
- On your handset, press (16-digit activation code) ; or
- Call via your handset and follow the voice prompt to enter the (16-digit activation code); or
- Call with any touch-tone phone, follow the voice prompt to key in the Prepaid SIM Card Mobile Number and the (16-digit activation code)
2. Octopus Self-service Payment
Visit CMHK shops and refill with your Octopus by using the Octopus Self-service Payment Machines and choose any refill amount ($10 minimum).
Visit China Mobile Hong Kong Co. Ltd.("CMHK") shops and choose any refill amount you want ($10 minimum). Our staff will refill your SIM card for you.
Visit CMHK shops and apply:
- Automatic refill by credit card - you can decide the remaining value that sets off Auto-Fill ($10 minimum), and any refill amount between $10 to $300 (must be multiples of $10)
You may refill your Prepaid SIM card easily through PPS hotline or website ($30 minimum). (Merchant code: 9782)
- Customers must activate the SIM card before refill.
Simply make your first local or IDD call in Hong Kong (or call a toll-free number 197197) to activate your SIM card. (When the call is connecting, simply follow the system's voice prompt to select language, then the system will inform you of the mobile number, stored value and validity period of your SIM card. The related information will also be sent to your handset via SMS).
The SIM card is valid for 90 days, starting from the day of activation
Check Mobile Number, Remaining Balance, Validity Period of SIM Card (Free of Charge)
- Press; or
Dialor (Country Code) (Area Code) (Telephone Number)
(The SIM Card cannot support any international operator-assisted calls)
Missed Call Alert:
If your mobile phone is busy, out of coverage, switched off or has no answer, "Missed Call Alert" service can capture and store the caller's phone number, calling time and date for you. When your mobile phone becomes available again, the information will be sent to you via SMS.
3. Applicable to callers with calling Number Display function activated.
4. Missed Call Alert function cannot be used in conjunction with relevant call forward and voice mailbox functions.
5. If your mobile phone cannot be reached within a certain period, the alerts will be deleted.
Call Forwarding Service
To forward calls to a designated phone number, press the following short codes on your handset to activate or deactivate the service:
Activate or deactivate call forwarding:
|All Call Forward||Activate:
| (designated number)
|Unreachable Call Forward||Activate:
| (designated number)
|Busy Call Forward||Activate:
| (designated number)
|No Answer Call Forward||Activate:
| (designated number)
Remarks: To activate call forward function (except "All call Forward"), customer should ensure the Prepaid Card has enough balance to receive 6 minutes or more of incoming calls (for roaming, charges will be calculated base on Roaming Service Tariff), otherwise the call forward command will fail.
Voice & Fax Mailbox
Press the following short codes to subscribe or cancel the service:
Diaon your handset to listen to new user guide, then follow the instruction to record your personal greeting and establish a password.
To retrieve voice message:
- Dial via your handset; or
- Dialvia other phones
To receive fax message:
De-activate any call Forwarding functions and switch off your mobile phone.
To print out fax message:
Dialon any fax machine equipped with a receiver.
- If customer subscribes to both call Forwarding and Voice & Fax Mailbox service, all unreceived incoming calls will be diverted to voice mail automatically. Customer can divert incoming calls to any designated number according to his needs.
Call Waiting & Call Hold Service
The Call Waiting feature enables you to answer an incoming call while you are already making a call. With Call Hold you can make a second call, while you hold your existing call.
|Enquire service status:|
Conference Call Service
This multi-party teleconference feature allows different parties from different points to be connected simultaneously, creating a practical and efficient way of communication.
|Enquire service status:|
Short Message Service - Send Messages
Select "Menu", "Message", then select "Write Message" / " Message Editor" / "Send New"
Compose your message, then select "Send" / "Send Message"
Enter mobile number and press "OK". To send international SMS, please enterorplus country code first (sending SMS to China requires entering the China mobile number only).
Remark: Dialling of the prefix "133" or "1357" to restrict or allow calling number display is not applicable for SMS sending.
Mobile Data Services
"Mobile Data Service" allows customers to send and receive data through their handsets. A variety of data-related services can be enjoyed through the use of Mobile Data Service.
Activate & Deactivate "Mobile Data Service"
|4G/3G Local Data Service||This service is activated by default.|
|4G Local Data Package||Activate
|3G Lite Local Data Package||Activate
|1GB Local Data Package||Activate
Download Data Transmission Setting to Your Handset
Call,press ,and follow the instructions on your handset to save the setting.
(Applicable to designated handset models; for the settings of other handset models, please visit "Handsets" section and select the relevant handset)
International Call Forward Service & Dialing Method
Activate All International Call Forward:(Country Code) (Area Code) (Local Phone No.)
De-activate All International Call Forward:
The default PIN code of the SIM card is "8888". Three consecutive failed attempts to enter the PIN code will permanently lock the SIM card. CMHK shall under no circumstances be liable for any damages or losses caused whatsoever.
My Friend Prepaid SIM Card is available all over Hong Kong, including CMHK outlets/ customer care center and the authorized dealers.
Shop Nos. 1A3 & 1A4, G/F, Lok Sing Centre, 2-8 Sugar Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
Tel: 2211 7788
- CMHK My Friend Prepaid SIM Card of CMHK cannot be used to make calls to Infoline with call numbers "900" as prefix.
- The use of the individual service shall be subject to such terms and conditions as stated on the relevant service Prepaid SIM Card starter pack, leaflet or on CMHK website at www.hk.chinamobile.com.
- Once sold, this Prepaid SIM Card is non-refundable and non-returnable.
- This Prepaid SIM Card must be activated on or before the expiry date as stipulated thereon.
- CMHK’s administrative fee or monthly service fee (if any) shall be deducted from this Prepaid SIM Card.
- When all stored value has been used up or the remaining stored value shall be inadequate for the deduction of monthly administrative fee or service fee, the service of this Prepaid SIM Card will be suspended. However, service will be resumed after refill.
- Where this Prepaid SIM Card has expired, or where service has been suspended for more than 30 days due to whatever reason, or where service has been terminated due to whatever reasons, the remaining stored value (if any) shall be non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The stored value of this Prepaid SIM Card shall be valid for 30 days starting from the activation date, subject to the condition that activation of the Card should be done within the stipulated validity period.
- CMHK will not be liable for any damages, however arising, of this Prepaid SIM Card or responsible for repairing and making good therefor.
- The mobile number is assigned randomly and Customer cannot return, choose or request to change to other mobile numbers. Customer will not be able to keep the allocated mobile number once this Prepaid SIM Card has expired, or where its service has been suspended for more than 30 days due to whatever reasons or where its service has been terminated due to whatever reasons.
- Calculation of usage of all services is based on the network report of CMHK. In case of dispute, the statement of CMHK is conclusive and binding. All calculations are subject to such prevailing rates or tariff as imposed by CMHK from time to time.
- CMHK is entitled at their full discretion to temporarily suspend any or all of the Services without notice to the Customer for the purpose of preventing any improper or abnormal use of CMHK's network or resources, fraudulent or deceptive acts until CMHK is satisfied that the Customer has ceased such acts or the relevant investigation has been completed. CMHK may assess abnormal usage based on comparisons to the usage patterns and levels of CMHK’s other customers, and/or based on whether such usage level is considered to have affected our other customers' ability to optimally use the same network or service.
- CMHK reserves its absolute right to change the terms and conditions relating to the use of the SIM card including but not limited to the airtime or SMS tariffs or rates at any time without prior notice to or consent from the Customer.
- The above information and rates are subject to change without prior notice.
- Any change or amendment will be published on CMHK website.
- For the details of the Terms and Conditions, please refer to http://www.hk.chinamobile.com/en/customer_support/contract_tc/customer-support-t-n-c.html.